"I am ready to meet my maker. Whether my maker is prepared to meet me is another matter."
-Winston Churchill

Saturday, May 22, 2010

The Hunted of 2060 by Ami Blackwelder



Today my guest is Ami Blackwelder,  author of The Hunted of 2060.  Thank you so much for being with us today.  Please give her a warm welcome.

Please tell us a little about yourself…..I was raised in Florida, but spent the last eight years overseas in third world countries, teaching and writing. I spent six years in Thailand which has become my second home. 

What do you see as your influences on your writing?

I am influenced by edgy, innovative writers and I enjoy reading paranormal and historical romance novels which is what I focused on when I write. I tend to accentuate the forbidden aspects of romance in my genres.

Is there anything you find particularly challenging in your writing?

Finding the time to write all the ideas spinning around in my head…

Where do you hope to take your writing in the future?

I hope to find a 'big' publishing house or at the very least produce enough books of my own to be an established self publisher.

How do you develop your plots and characters? Do you use any set  formula?

I begin with a seed of an idea that is bursting to be born and grow. The plot is usually developed a bit beforehand, but as i write, the characters may take the story in directions I never could have anticipated.

What drew you to write about paranormal romance?

I am drawn to the imaginative and innovative aspects of the human personality. Inventing a world that does not exist, except in your own mind is fascinating to me.

How do you keep your writing different from the vast variety of stories (in your genre) out there today?

My writing focuses on the forbidden aspects of romance where culture, religion, gender, age, time, death, and species differences may all become obstacles.

How did your title come into play? 

My titles are born usually out of a significant part to the novel. In The hunted of 2060, the title is based on the fact that the species is being hunted and the year is 2060. There are too many novels with hunted, hunting as the title and so I decided later to add the year to distinguish it.





Can you tell us a little bit about the main characters and/or the plot in your book?

The Hunted of 2060 is set in Alaska in the year 2060 after an invading species to earth has been eradicated. The story revolves around a Sophomore at Alaska University as she undergoes changes and learns she is one of the 'eradicated' that survived. The novel is about her coming to terms with who she is, her struggle of survival, and the romance she shares with a human.

What were your feelings when you first novel was accepted for  publication?

I was very excited. I wasn't sure I read the acceptance letter correctly. Then, I had a lot of hard work to put forward into making the novel into something more professional.

Who is your favorite author?  What genre of books do you read?

Jane Austen. Paranormal and historical romances.


Pride and Prejudice                                                                           Sense and Sensibility



Are you working on any projects right now?

I am busy in May re-editing content and grammar in my novels and in June I will begin a sci-fi historical novel entitled: EXIST. It questions what is existence and is a love story that asks would you let time stop love?

If you could leave readers with one legacy, what would you want it to
 be?


That I gave my readers something entertaining, educational and gripping to read.

What advice would you give to writers just starting out in this genre?

Write what you love, because in the end there is a lot of rejection and criticism of your work and so what really matters is what you think about your work.

Any last comments you would like to add?.....(upcoming events,  titles, etc. )

The Hunted of 2060 may also be seen on Bitten By Books in May, Catch the Drift with Mama Snow in July, immortylrevolution.blogspot.com in August, paulazone.blogspot.com in June, Written in Blood blog in June, and more to come!

Is there a website that readers may find you at?

http://amiblackwelder.com. There are previews and videos to view on my novels as well as many purchasing options. 

Facebook,  Twitter,  or Myspace?

I'm on FACEBOOK and Twitter under Ami Blackwelder!

Well thank you so much for chatting with us today Ami.  It has been such a pleasure.  Be sure to leave a comment for Ami today for your entry to win a copy of her book during her tour.




HTML Comment Box is loading comments...

No comments:

ShareThis