"I am ready to meet my maker. Whether my maker is prepared to meet me is another matter."
-Winston Churchill

Thursday, May 19, 2011

BLB Ebook Tours - Guest Post with Amber Argyle - Witch Song



Amber Argyle's debut, Witch Song, is a classic fantantasy for young adults. It will be released Sept 1st 2011. 
Amber Argyle grew up with three brothers on a cattle ranch in the Rocky Mountains. She spent hours riding horses, roaming the mountains, and playing in her family’s creepy barn. This environment fueled her imagination for writing her debut novel.

She has worked as a short order cook, janitor, and staff member in a mental institution. All of which has given her great insight into the human condition and has made for some unique characters.

She received her bachelor’s degree in English and Physical Education from Utah State University.

She currently resides in Utah with her husband and three small children. 

Welcome Amber and thank you so much for taking time to chat with us today.  Today Amber is talking about Bookmobiles and we introduce her debut novel, Witch Song.

I’m not one of those people who had a book in their hand from shortly after birth until the present time. I don’t have memories of sitting on my mother’s lap while she read me stories. My hometown was too small for a city library. And the school library was dismal. In fact, I didn’t really discover books until my mother bought me the Laura Ingalls Wilder series. I read them over and over again, wishing there were more . . .
And then the Bookmobile ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bookmobile )began coming to town (or perhaps it always had and I simply didn’t know).  Bookmobiles are stocked with books from larger cities. They would drive around to the smaller towns, loaning out books and then coming to collect them in a few weeks.
That’s when I learned to love books.  
When did you fall in love with books?
The world is changing.
For thousands of years, witch song has controlled everything from the winds to the shifting of the seasons. But not anymore. All the Witches are gone, taken captive by the dark Witch, Espen.

As the last echoes of witch song fade, Espen grows stronger as winter and summer come within the space of a day. Now she’s coming for the one she missed—a shy, untrained girl of fifteen named Brusenna.

Somehow, Brusenna has to succeed where every other Witch has failed. Find Espen. Fight her. Defeat her.

Or there won’t be anything left to save.




Where to find Amber:
 
I love the cover of Witch Song!  Beautiful

      














Until next time,

3 comments:

Bonnie said...

Loved the interview. I don't know what I would do if I lived in a town without a library. When I moved back home after University I remember how much I missed all the libraries in the college town that I used to live in. I'm very interested to read Witch Song now!

amberargyle said...

Bonnie: My current town isn't super big either. There's so many books our library just doesn't have. But I have a library, so I can't complain (much)!

I hope you like Witch Song. :)

Lisa Richards/alterlisa said...

I'm also from a very small town and all i can say is thank goodness for the internet. Just finished an ARC of Wing Song and loved it. Will be posting my review shortly.

ShareThis