"I am ready to meet my maker. Whether my maker is prepared to meet me is another matter."
-Winston Churchill

Thursday, May 12, 2011

BLB Ebook Tours - Fun Facts with Deena Remiel - Trinity


Deena Remiel


It was the mystique of Arizona’s history and landscape that called to Deena and catapulted her career as an author. When she’s not writing novels and poetry in the wee, small hours of the morning or in the deep, dark of night, Deena teaches language arts to middle school students. She currently lives in Gilbert with her husband and two children, but New Jersey will always tug at her heartstrings.

http://www.deenaremiel.com
http://brethrenbeginnings.wordpress.com
http://paraposse.blogspot.com
http://plotmamas.com


Welcome to the Round Table.  May I offer you a beverage before we begin? 
Oh yes, thank you! I would love a Tantalizing tea, please. 



Here you go, please enjoy your drink :). 
Mmmm… decadent and tantalizingly delicious!

Thank you so much for taking time to chat with me today.  It's so nice to have you at the Round Table. 
It’s great to be here.


BK:  Fantasy or Horror? 
I hate to have to choose because I love them both really. But in all honesty, I adore Fantasy because it can be both beautiful and horrific. I can fall in love with one creature while screaming with fright at another.

BK:  Day or Night? 
As a writer…NIGHT. I need the darkness to set the tone, the mood. Whether a frightful confrontation with Evil or a steamy, sultry love scene, darkness envelopes me and sets the stage for intense writing.

BK:  Favorite Drink? 
Margarita on the rocks, salt on the rim.
Yay another Margarita lover :).



BK:  Favorite Movie? 
The Princess Bride has been a favorite of mine since I first saw it. My husband and I walked down the aisle to the soundtrack.

BK:  What is a must have to write?
I must have Peanut M&Ms next to me and quiet. If I hear music, I’m a goner. When music gets in my head, it has a heck of a time making it back out.

BK:  If you could possess a supernatural power, what would it be and why? 
I would like my Brethren Protectors’ powers to protect the human race. I would have talismans and know all the special incantations to protect humans against Evil.

BK:  Favorite Book? 
The Great Good Thing, by Roderick Townley. It’s a children’s/middle grades book that taught me a lot about strength of spirit, perseverance, reaching beyond my comfort zone, and unconditional love. 

BK:  Favorite Author? 
Oh, so very many, how can I possibly choose? Well, if I must I will, and it’s the paranormal romance author. Ha! That says it all! I’ve adored Sherrilyn Kenyon for so long now, along with Heather Graham, Laurel K. Hamilton, Karen S. Moning, Kim Harrison, and JR Ward. And the list grows of wonderful paranormal authors. How could I pick just one?

BK:  Favorite Song? 
Calling All Angels, by train is my unofficial official theme song for The Brethren. It speaks to me.

BK:  Favorite Saying?
Knowledge is power (from Scholastic Rock!)

BK:  Sometimes while reading a book we visualize a certain actor/actress playing the part.  If your book were being made into a movie,  which actor or actresses do you see playing the part(s)?
I love this question because you’re right. I visualize actors and actresses as my characters. I have imagined Liv Tyler as Emma an Clive Owen as Michael, but I’m open to other’s imaginings as well.

BK:  What is one thing your readers would be most surprised to know about you?
 I don’t bake. I don’t have a mixer in my home. Not even a handheld little thing. I hate baking because it is so exact with the measurements. I enjoy cooking instead, following a recipe loosely and coming up with delicious meals.

BK:  What is the craziest thing you've ever done?
I began a writing career! Well, that’s what others have said, but it was really the only choice for me. I had to become an author. I had stories to tell, and still do!

BK:  If someone could describe you in one word,  what would it be? 
Fierce. I am fiercely devoted to my kids, fiercely passionate about writing and the world I’ve created, and fiercely protective of my friends.

One way or another, terror will reign tonight...

School teacher and single mom, Emma Livingston, has been through hell—and back so she thinks. While dealing with the night terrors and active imagination of her five-year old daughter, Hannah, she attempts to lead a normal life. That is, until the demon from those nightmares pays her a visit, too, and threatens both of their lives. Desperate, she reaches out for help—and finds Michael waiting.

Michael D’Angelo is known to everyone in Prophet’s Point, Arizona, as their loving elementary school principal. But to The Brethren, he is the most powerful Protector. Immortal and angelic does not mean he’s without doubts or fears, as protecting Emma and Hannah from Evil tests his ability to fight his tortured past.

As the Trinity is formed, ancient secrets are revealed and faith is tested. When a prophecy is exposed, Hannah becomes the main target and Emma wonders if a normal life will ever be possible again. Hope is like an anchor, but can a mother, her daughter, and an angel overcome the evil determined to annihilate the world?

Excerpt:

A blood-curdling scream shattered the peaceful silence of the wee hours. She roused, instantly alert. Her soul, rocked by the echoing scream, seized up like a blown car engine.
  “Ow! Son of a bitch!” Emma swore under her breath. She kicked aside the inconsiderate Malibu Barbie. “Hannah, I’m coming! Mama’s coming!”
  Her stomach roiled at the terror and desperation in her daughter’s panic-stricken voice echoing through the hallway.
  “I won’t go! I won’t go! No! I’ll never let you take me! I won’t do it! You can’t make me do it! Mama! Help me! Mama!” 
  Well hell, this is something new. Usually, when Hannah was having one of her nightmares, she shrieked until Emma talked her out of it and put her back to sleep. Now she’s talking in her nightmare, too? Completely at a loss, she raked her hands through her hair as she rushed to her daughter, writhing on the bed.
  “Hannah, I’m here. You’re okay. Mama’s here. Wake up, honey. Sweetie? Mama’s here.” She repeated these phrases like a mantra, trying to keep her voice as calm and soothing as possible. But who was she kidding? This newly added dimension of these nightmares was sending her over the deep end herself. She hoped her little one couldn’t sense it.
  “Mama! He’s got me! Save me, Mama!” Hannah pleaded in a frenzy of emotion. It looked as though something was tugging on her arms and she was trying to pull them back. And her eyes were open.
  Crap! She’s never had her eyes open before, either. What the hell was going on?
  She sat next to her jerking body and waved a hand in front of her face. Hannah looked at and then past her, as though there really was someone else in the room—someone seated right next to her. Crap, crap, crap! As she turned to look beside her, she saw a hint of a shadow, but then figured it to be her own. Get a hold of yourself.
  “Honey, wake up. It’s only a dream. You’re okay. You’re safe.”
Hannah looked back again at her, and foretold in a chilling tone, “I’ll never be safe, Mama. Not anymore.” 
©Deena Remiel, 2010.

       


Thank you so much for being at the Round Table today.  It's been such a pleasure chatting with you and I wish you much success in the future. 

Thank you so much. I had a great time here today and appreciate you opening your home to me and my Brethren.







Until next time,









No comments:

ShareThis