"I am ready to meet my maker. Whether my maker is prepared to meet me is another matter."
-Winston Churchill

Sunday, December 19, 2010

**** Tandem by Tracey Bateman

TandemTandem by Tracey Bateman

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


Tandem by Tracey Bateman was definitely not what I expected. This is my first experience with Tracey and I must say I'm very curious to read her book Thirsty now too.

When I first picked up this book, I thought it was going to just be a murder/mystery novel. To my surprise, it was a paranormal suspense. A nice surprise it was too.

Lauryn McBride is a daddy's girl. She's lived her entire life around her father, even getting into the auction business to be close to him.

Now that he's developed Alzheimer's, she continues on with the business, but also moves into the caregiver role as well. Having good days and bad days, Lauryn revolves her entire existence to being there for her dad.

As she gets the Chasom house ready for auction, cataloging and pricing all the belongings inside, an old flame returns to town. Billy left without word to follow his heart as a missionary. Now he returns with a daughter, and Lauryn just isn't sure how to deal with it all. She's never allowed herself time to date, and now she feels all these emotions returning from when Billy first left.

Her good friend and sheriff, Charley tries to forewarn her that Billy's returned, but not before she runs into him. Charley also runs the only Inn in town, and this is where we meet Amede Dastillion, the sister of the woman who died along with the owner of the Chasom House in a fire. It's this house that becomes key into plot of this title.

With the return of Billy, and the new mysterious Amede, a series of murders are taking place along with several dead animals being drained of blood. The town becomes fearful as they investigate to solve these horrible crimes.

There is one local, Miranda, that believes that the crimes are caused by vampires. As the investigation goes on, Amede starts acting peculiar, as she senses her sisters presence. What they all are surprised by though is who is actually committing the crimes. Someone they all thought they could trust.

Bateman did a great job with the element of surprise. The suspense was fantastic as you continually find yourself guessing as to who the perp is. Then you find yourself feeling for Lauryn as she deals with her father, and also her life.

Bateman gives you the thoughts of several characters throughout the book, allowing you a glimpse into what is actually going on in this town. I was definitely surprised at the end of this book, and I'm sure you will be too.

I give Tandem **** (4) Stars, BK Walker.
BK Walker Books - All Rights Reserved



View all my reviews





No comments:

ShareThis