"I am ready to meet my maker. Whether my maker is prepared to meet me is another matter."
-Winston Churchill

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Thrilling Thursdays #2

Thrilling Thursdays is a weekly meme for a book cover that caught my eye this week and why.  I would love to know what book cover caught your eye too.  If you want to share,  please add your blog to the linky below.

Secrets of the Demon (Kara Gillian Book #3)  by Diana Rowland
Homicide detective Kara Gillian has a special talent: she can sense the "arcane" in our world, and there's quite a bit of it, even in Beaulac, Louisiana. She's also a summoner of demons, and works on a task force that deals with supernatural crimes. Her partners are attractive and smart FBI agents, but they're not summoners, and they're not telling Kara why they are on this special force with her.

TO make things worse, Kara has pledged herself to one of the most powerful of demons-a Demon Lord-who helped save her partner's life, but now expects things in return. Meanwhile, she's trying to solve a string of murders that are somehow tied together by money, sex, rock music and...mud. But how can she concentrate on the case when she's not even sure who-or what-her partners are?




I love the dark,  eery contrast.  The demons red eyes in the background make this a book that I would love to read even before reading the synopsis.

Until next week,



No comments:

ShareThis